Monday, October 13, 2008

With the financial crisis going on, bank closeirs, an unhealthy Wall Street, and prices hitting an all time high. It looks gloomy for our future. The bright side is that we can make inroads that shelter us from the uncertainties that lie ahead.

Lets start with your Budget. You do have a budget don't you?

It's suprizing that there are so many couples that don't have a proper budget. Most of the time it's one spouse that takes care of the bills and the other has no idea whats going on.

When I was newly married and starting a family I felt a budget was impossible. My wages didn't even cover living expenses. I started a second job and my wife began selling Avon Products. That certainly helped but then there was no family life.

Before you start a budget please do a list of personal values and priorities. What good is wealth if it puts family and health at risk. I finally was able to have a workable budget but after 40 years on the job my health suffered. I was forced to retire early. After 40 years is early?

Even though budgeting is a very imprtant aspect of your goal setting, be sure you get your priorities right.

It takes effort with anything you do of wirth. It took me along time to learn to handle finances. Today I am completely out of debt. My home is completly paid for. My car is paid for but I may be unable to drive if my health worsens. I do not have any credit card debt. I have one credit card for emergencies, one debit card for online purchases and one debit card for other expenses and fun. Although I'm on social security I also have a computer repair business.

If you would like to learn more about budgeting and goal setting please sign up for my newsletter. It is free to subscribe. www.carlfallensite.com/hhwyou (sorry!) This is off line at present.


No comments: